Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Biltmore Dream

It has always been my dream to go to the Biltmore House here in Asheville. Ever since I was in elementary school and saw a brochure with a picture of a couple having a picnic on the grounds in front of the house I told myself that it would be me in that picture one day. Well, since we moved to Asheville in June I have been to the estate numerous times to attend a friend's wedding, work numerous weddings for my job, and even mountain biking. Every time I would go I would drive past the house to other parts of the estate but never walked inside.

My dream came true this past weekend. My parents came into town and we decided we would go to the house TWICE that day! We first went in the afternoon and paid the extra $10 to get the audio tour. It took three hours to walk through the house. It was amazing!! Just to look at the detail in the architecture and hear the stories about each room as we walked through was incredible. Not to mention they have the house decorated for Christmas so I was elated to go back that night for the candlelight service. All the candles and lights were lit, Christmas carols sung by choirs, harpists, and dancers adorned the rooms in the house. It was incredible!

One of these days I will be that couple who is having a romantic picnic on the lawn of the house. But until then, I will cherish my time there this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment