Friday, March 2, 2012

Catching Up

I know I haven't posted much lately. To be honest, I've been super busy with...well...my kid :)

 He is definitely becoming more active these days. He hates laying down unless it's nap time or bed time; he would much rather be sitting up, bouncing, standing, or walking (with help, of course). He still doesn't crawl or scoot or anything else like that, but he does try to stand up by pulling on anything near him. I'm okay with him not being mobile yet. I am learning to truly be in the moment and soak in this "baby time" because before I know it we'll be celebrating his 1st birthday. I'm not ready to even think about that.

He has started to enjoy his solid food much more now. Sometimes, it's almost as if we can't shovel it in his mouth fast enough. It's quite funny.

Oh! He likes to play this new game where he screams and then just looks at you with a smile on his face as if to say "haha you're turn". Well, Keith plays along and Connor loves it. I think it's quite funny...until we get out in public. Yesterday we were running errands all around town and as we're walking through the store he starts screaming and then looks at me with this huge grin on his face. Haha. I try not to play along because I don't want this game to continue...especially in public.

Speaking of my child and being in public...

He is ALL SMILES ALL THE TIME!! He truly is a happy baby. People will comment all the time about how happy he looks and how cute he is. Well, apparently this nine year old boy thought the same thing but instead of telling me, he began taking pictures of Connor on his dad's cell phone. WHAT?! I told him to please stop taking pictures of my child. I'm sorry, but that's just weird...not flattering. His dad saw how disturbed I was and apologized and made his kid apologize. He said he also made his son erase the pictures. Whether he actually did or not, I don't know. That was the first time I've ever had to say something out loud to someone in regards to protecting my child. I know it won't be the last...

In other news...Keith and I are having people over for his birthday tomorrow. We decided we wanted to get some more decorations up in the house. In usual Keith and Liz fashion, we wait until Wednesday night to begin these not-so-small art projects. Needless to say, as I'm typing this (9pm), Keith is outside still working on one of his projects. I'll post pictures once it's all finished. He is quite the crafty guy though :)

I'll try to post more often and with pictures of my sweet kid for my family who doesn't get to see him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment