Friday, December 17, 2010

It's been a long time

I hadn't realized how long it had been since I last posted. I think mainly because I don't really think anyone reads our blog so I don't take the time to write a lot.

Well, not much has been going on the past few weeks. Just finishing up the semester at work. It's been crazy with snow here. School was closed Monday and Tuesday last week with Wednesday being a 2-hour delay. This week, school was closed Monday and Tuesday with another delay on Wednesday. Yesterday, I got the call at 6:40 AM that school was running on a 2-hour delay. Well, I was already half way to work by then so I just kept going and figured I'd stop and get some breakfast along the way. While I was in the front office answering phones (I work there for two hours every morning before I start teaching), school was called off about 8:30! This is bittersweet: because I'm considered part-time, I only have to work 4 hours on Teacher Work Days. So I got to leave at 11:00 yesterday morning. :-) The downside is we have to make up the days we're out. :-( Yesterday was very productive. I got some cleaning done at home and finished my Christmas shopping!! Now, time to wrap presents!

My parents are coming this weekend to take a trip to the Biltmore to see it all lit up at night for Christmas. I am so excited!! I've never been inside the house, but I've been all over the estate working and attending weddings. Christmas is my favorite time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment