Saturday, January 8, 2011

A New Year...A New Beginning

As I was riding home today from a track coaches' clinic all I could think about was that all of my Christmas decorations were still up...yes, even the tree!! I absolutely LOVE Christmas, but I also despise taking down the decorations. Well, when I arrived home and walked upstairs I noticed Keith had cleaned the house and already started taking down the decorations! I was so excited! As the decorations were taken down and stored away for later on this year I couldn't help but think back on last year and everything we've been through. A lot has changed with us moving, getting new jobs, and buying our first house. As the new year is here I am so excited about what God is doing in our lives. I think the biggest change will be that we will be having our first baby this year!!!!! Yep...I'm pregnant!!! I am 11 weeks right now so that makes my due date towards the end of July. I'm really hoping for a July 22 birthday for our little one. Mainly because that is my dad's birthday and that way I'll always have a little something of him with me :) When I found out that I was pregnant I was shocked! We definitely weren't trying to get pregnant by any means. After I told Keith and the initial shock wore off, we are both very excited. It still doesn't feel very real to us yet though. I was only really sick for about a week and then the power of prayer knocked that away. Now, the headaches are starting. I think the reason it doesn't feel real is because any time I've had an ultrasound it hasn't looked like anything but a tiny dot. I did get to hear the heartbeat for the first time last week. That was pretty cool. I think once it starts moving around it will become more real to me.

Hardest things to give up since finding out:
1) Dr. Pepper (although I only crave water now)
2) volleyball
3) snowboarding (since it's winter) mountain biking (in the spring)
4) not getting a full 8 hours sleep through the night (only because I have to get up and pee at least once)

No comments:

Post a Comment