Sunday, January 2, 2011

On the road again...

Christmas! My favorite time of year! Food, family, movies, games, friends, laughter, joy...and traveling. The traveling part would probably be my least favorite, but totally worth it to be with our families. Keith and I set out before Christmas to Knoxville to spend some time with my family. Christmas Eve is probably my favorite time of the holidays because that's when my family gets together and we have tid-bits (snacks), play games, and my sister and I have a tradition of watching part of the 24 hour marathon of "A Christmas Story" on TV. My family it not one to get together a lot and spend time in one room together - I think this is why this is my favorite day of the year. We stayed there and had Christmas morning at my parents house. My sis came over with her hubby and their two kids. We opened gifts (one at a time of course) and watched the kids go nuts over all their stuff. Norah even got a gift which she opened all by herself. We then packed up the car, said our good-byes, and headed 5.5 hours to Columbus, GA. Keith's sis had to work Christmas Eve so we all decided to have the Edwards's family Christmas at her and her hubby's place. The one thing we didn't expect was to have a white Christmas!! And in the words of Joel..."It's a Christmas miracle!" Mainly because it never snows that far south in GA. So, we had fun and so did the puppies. We opened gifts, ate lots of food, went to a light show, and played a marathon of rummy tile! A few days later we packed up the car, said our good-byes, and drove 5.5 hours back to Asheville. Needless to say it was a great time spent with the families. Here's a pic of Norah and Heidi (Darcy and Joe's pup). They are hilarious together!

No comments:

Post a Comment