Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Camping with the Edwards

This past weekend Keith and I packed up the car to go camping with his family. To be honest, I wasn't real excited about it at first. Just something about being 34 and a half weeks pregnant sitting in the heat of June for an entire weekend just didn't appeal to me. However, I decided to suck it up and go. The main reason we were going was so everyone could go white water rafting. Yes, I was really upset at first that I wouldn't be able to go on the fun trip down the river, but it all worked out. The cabin we stayed in was actually rather cool with the fans going and the best part...it had a bathroom!! I was so grateful for this...and I know Keith was too. Espcially around 4:00 in the morning when mother nature called. Had we not had a bathroom, Keith would have to walk with me to the bathroom at the campground. While we were there we played 4-square and totally dominated the youth group that was there! It made me really want to get involved with Young Life again. While everyone went rafting, I enjoyed a nice nap in my hammock :) The weather wasn't too hot and actually had a nice breeze every now and then. We had a blast playing games, making up stories around the campfire, and of course making s'mores! 

Making ramen noodles on my new camping stove :)

Our cabin

My hammock. Yes, I had to stand on the bench to get in it. 

Keith and his Dad

Darcy in her new hammock

Me and the hubs

Darcy and Joel

The fam

Goofy!

No comments:

Post a Comment