Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Changes

Let me start off by saying that I absolutely love the Fall!! It is by far my favorite season. There are so many things to love about it that I'm not quite sure why others don't share in my same joy. Here's a list of just a few of the reasons I love this season: college football, scarves, crisp air, mums, bonfires, and changing of the leaves. With the changing of the leaves then comes leaves falling off the trees and then dreaded winter. However, I will choose to live in the moment and enjoy every moment of this beautiful season that is beginning. And, I might add, it's even more beautiful here in the mountains of Asheville.

With the seasons changing and leaves changing colors only brings about more changes in my life. I am learning to fall into the role of a stay at home mom. I truly feel this is a season in my life that God has called me to. I look at this as my job. I desire to be the best mom to Connor and best wife to Keith. I want the house to be clean and dinner to be ready for Keith when he gets home so he can relax. This doesn't always get done and he is so understanding if it isn't; however, I feel a true conviction in my heart if I can't create a relaxing environment for my husband when he comes home from a hard day at work. Through all of this God is teaching me so many things and I absolutely love it!

Some other changes going on involve our house and particularly my closet. Keith and I have been living in this house for a little over a year now and since we have finished fixing up everything it is time to decorate. Now, this is my absolute LEAST favorite thing to do. I just feel so overwhelmed with everything. Even when I try to concentrate on one room at a time I can't figure out what I want to do with that room or if I do have an idea, I can't afford it (well, in reality I just don't want to spend the money). This is bringing me to other changes...I'm working on being more crafty. I'll keep you posted on things I try. Now, when it comes to my closet...I'm working on becoming a minimalist. I have so many clothes that I never wear. I found a pin on pinterest that had 13 different articles of clothing turned into 31 different outfits!! This is my goal...to get rid of clothes that I haven't worn in a year or doesn't fit anymore.

Oh! Another change is that I've started back to work (event planning) since having Connor. But that's a whole other blog entry. Time to go clean the bathrooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment