Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Connor's Birthday!

Okay, I have once again slacked on the blogging so I will try to catch you up on the past month...

The biggest change in our lives is our adorable son was born July 25! Let me just say my birth story was almost the complete opposite of what I said I wanted to do. Let me start from the beginning. It was a Sunday (two days before my due date) and I went to cheer on Keith at his soccer game and afterwards I went with him and a few of the guys to eat some Mexican. We came back home like every other Sunday night and just went to bed not thinking anything. I, of course, couldn't sleep so I decided to google some stuff related to pregnancy (my vice at nights). As I laid in bed staring at the computer screen I realized I had googled pretty much everything at least twice...all except breaking of the water. Well, after reading a few posts I realized I had to pee (again...something that happened all the time when pregnant). Ironically, as I was sitting there, my water broke!! Despite just reading the posts about what it is like, I wasn't 100% sure so I called one of my friends, Jennifer (who is a nurse). She assured me that yes, my water had broke. So, I waited and counted contractions before going into the hospital (allowing Keith to sleep a little bit longer). About 4:00 AM we arrived at the hospital. I was wanting to have an all-natural labor, but, well, that didn't happen. I was only 3 cm and literally having contractions 1-2 minutes apart with no break between them. So, I opted for the epidural after a few hours in labor. Things began to progress quickly after that and my sweet baby boy was born at 5:35 PM! Connor Lincoln Edwards 6lbs 13oz 21.25 inches long.

Well, it's been a month since we welcomed Connor into our lives and it has been a whirlwind! First, let me just say that I have always been an emotional person (literally crying at pretty much anything). However, when I was pregnant I cried maybe twice the whole nine months! All of that ended when I came home from the hospital. The floodgates were opened at full force! It was as if my tear ducts were unloading nine months worth of tears in about 2 weeks. The worst part...I was crying for absolutely NO reason! Thankfully, that's over now and I'm back to normal.

We have been keeping busy since we brought him home. If you know me, you know that's nothing to be surprised about since it kills me to just sit still. I love being busy and active. 5 days after Connor was born we were taking him out and about. Keith and I have always said that we don't want to be the couple that sits at home because we have a kid now. We have pretty much been able to do most of what we did before...it just takes a little more effort. The hardest thing is finding things active that we can do together and that we enjoy now that we have a kid. For instance, we love mountain biking, but we can't do that with an infant. We did, however, go rock climbing a few weeks ago and took Connor with us. It makes it harder too since we don't live close to family. We are loving our new adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment