Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Smiles and Coos

Connor has been smiling for quite some time. Maybe it was gas at first, but now it is most definitely smiles!! During his play time that is all he wants to do. And lately he has been cooing up a storm. I absolutely love it! My favorite time of day with him is the morning. We wake up at 7 for his first feeding and then we play for an hour or so. He just talks and talks (coos) and then smiles. It is the most precious thing! I love seeing his personality come to life every day.

On another note, it seems as though once I have things figured out, Connor does the complete opposite completely throwing me off! If you know me at all, you know how much I LOVE schedules and sticking to them. I also make lists like it's my job; I'd be lost without them (and my calendar). Well, once I think Connor is on a schedule of eating every 3 hours, he throws me for a loop by wanting to eat 2 hours after a feeding! Another thing that is not really helping this consistent schedule is cloth diapers. I have just recently starting using them full time (except for at night - we still use disposables). See, with cloth diapers the baby feels wet much sooner than with disposables. Connor (as with most babies) HATES to feel wet! So, as soon as he pees he cries and won't stop until he's been changed. This includes waking up 30 minutes into nap time in order to be changed. I'm not giving up though!

No comments:

Post a Comment