Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Feeling human

So I will admit that the past couple days I have felt anything short of human. Monday, I barely made it out of my pajamas (you can forget makeup) in order to make a trip to the grocery store. And I shame-ly admit that I didn't even make it out of my pj's all day yesterday - sad, I know. Well, today I had to make quite a few trips around town so I decided that for the sake of the public's eyes I would put on something other than sweatpants and paint my face a little bit. It is amazing how great I felt all day. I actually felt human! I have decided that in order for my sanity I will make it a point every day to get out of my pajamas and put on even a little bit of makeup.

I mentioned a week or so ago that I am working on organizing my time better. Well, I have made a calendar and planned out my daily activities to get done. For instance, Mondays, I clip coupons, plan weekly menu all meals, and then go grocery shopping. Every other day of the week consists of me breaking up house work (ie: dusting and vacuuming, sweeping and mopping, laundry, etc). It has really worked well for me. I don't feel overwhelmed when I think about all the things I have to do because I remind myself that the only thing that has to get done today is cleaning the bathrooms. It has made my life nearly stress-free in the area of housework, taking care of Connor, and getting work done for my brides. Once I get the hang of it a bit more I'll be able to add some time in there for crafts and new things I want to try. I'm trying really hard right now to just focus on organizing the house work rather than micromanaging all my time in one day. I'm a planner...

No comments:

Post a Comment