Friday, January 6, 2012

Oh the Holidays...

Okay. I know. I know. I'm super late on posting about the holidays. Forgive me.

We had an eventful time over Christmas and New Years. Gee, where to begin?!

We decided to go to my parents' house for Christmas (since we went to Cancun with Keith's family as our Christmas present). I was determined to have lots of fun and my family entertained me by playing all the silly games I had come up with for us to play. (Thanks everyone!)

The best part was seeing my nieces' faces as they opened their gifts from all of us. It was as if every single present was the best thing they had ever received. They were a hoot to watch. Avery (who is 2) was more than willing to help anyone else open their gifts too. She even opened one of Connor's for him and handed it to him. haha! This was okay since Connor wasn't much into Christmas as he was into just having a nap during all the chaos.

It was such a joy to hang out with my family for the full weekend!

We then came home for a couple nights - just enough time to unpack, do laundry, repack, and head back on the road. This time we were headed to Nashville for New Years.

We had a blast hanging out with Keith's parents, Darcy, and Joel. We really took this weekend to relax. Literally, I'm pretty sure Keith took more naps than Connor did!! But, he deserved it since he works so hard every other day of the week. I even had a chance to do something I love - read! Keith's parents doted on Connor every chance they could which was nice because it gave me a break. And they were sweet enough to watch him while we went out for New Years Eve!

Alas, the weekend was over and it was time to drive back home. This turned into an adventure all its own. What normally takes 4 hours to get from Nashville to Knoxville took us NINE hours! NINE!! We were surprised by snow and ice and even a short time period of pure white out! These road conditions combined with a screaming child in the back seat made for a VERY LONG RIDE. We finally made it to Knoxville around one in the morning and stayed at my parents house for the night. We were able to get up early the next day and make the rest of the way back to our humble abode.

In the midst of these eventful times, Connor got his second tooth on the bottom, learned to sit up without assistance (although it doesn't last long til he topples over), and we both were graced with sickness. You know, the lovely cough, fever, and stuffy nose.

*Sigh* The holidays...

No comments:

Post a Comment