Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's a first!!

We are experiencing a myriad of new things in the Edwards' household.

Connor is officially half a year old! This has brought a number of new things. "Firsts", if you will.

He is sitting up all by himself for quite a bit of time. We still have to put a couple pillows around him for when he is tired of sitting and wants to lay down. And, he is trying to pull up on anything and everything. He would much rather stand than anything else. He is also doing a really good job of "walking". He will hold onto your hands and take a few steps. Granted, it's wobbly and takes a while, but he's doing it! I'm pretty sure he'll skip the crawling stage and take off running!

We have also started giving the little guy his first solid foods.

I really want to make his foods myself. So, we started with brown rice cereal. He hated it! He literally threw it back up immediately. Don't worry, we have video and I'll share later.

We then tried carrots. He wasn't too sure of them at first. But with some reassurance from mom and dad (you know, "yum! carrots!"), he loves them! I also tried giving him peas yesterday, but he refuses to eat them.

He is definitely at a fun age and we are soaking in every moment we can!

Another first was more for mommy than it was for Connor.

Because Connor still will not take a bottle (trust me, I've tried everything!) I am unable to leave him with anyone longer than a couple hours. Any time I have left him with someone it has always been family or friends of ours or someone who came highly recommended and stayed onsite with me while I was working.

We have been taking Connor into service at church ever since...well, we always have. This was our choice to do so and not take him to the nursery because he is such a good baby and just sat there listening and taking everything in. He truly loves it!

Now that he's a mover and a talker (he "talks" during the most inopportune times - during prayer), I decided to try taking him to the nursery. I was skeptical only because I don't know what kind of sickness the other kids have and he doesn't know the ladies working in there (he's a mama's boy). Well, Keith and I dropped him off and he did great! He's definitely a flirt so he was smiling at everyone the entire time. I did really good too. I was only worried once throughout the service because I remembered I forgot to tell them that he can't sit up by himself for longer than just a few minutes without falling over. Luckily, I have a husband who is pretty much amazing. He reassured me that he informed them of this and that everything is fine.

I'm excited for all the firsts we'll be experience as the days come and go...

No comments:

Post a Comment