Thursday, March 22, 2012

Allergies

My sweet baby boy has allergies. Quite frankly, it sucks.

He is acting his normal, energetic, happy self; however, the flood gates have opened in his nose and the clear liquid keeps pouring out! Needless to say, the orange nasal aspirator is getting a workout and has also become Connor's least favorite thing. Every time he sees it he begins screaming.

The worst part was last night. You know the feeling...sinuses draining but as soon as you lay down to go to sleep you, all of a sudden, can't breathe and that liquid magically "dries up". My poor guy woke up every two to three hours crying because he couldn't breathe. As soon as I picked him up and laid him on my shoulder, he was fine. We even raised his crib a little bit hoping to give him some elevation, but it didn't relieve him very much.

If you are reading this or think about him throughout the day, please say a prayer for him. I know that God's healing power can relieve him of any discomfort - and ease his fear of the dreadful orange nasal aspirator.

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Allergies are too bad, especially when you live in the mountains.

    I have them and I take zyrtec

    ReplyDelete