Thursday, March 29, 2012

The little things

This week has been an emotional roller coaster. It has not been a bad week, per se, just stressful. My to-do list seemed to be getting longer without anything being crossed off.

I was beginning to feel defeated by life.

My son (yes, my 8 month old baby boy) helped get me out of this self-pity, life-loathing, don't-want-to-get-up-in-the-morning, every-day-feels-like-a-Monday (you get the idea, right?!) kind of mood. He reminded me, today, to take time to enjoy the little things.

He exemplified this so many times today. He laid on the couch and let me tickle him for a good ten minutes - he just laughed and laughed. We took time this afternoon to have a picnic in the yard and he just loved playing with his toys, taking in the sunshine, and watching Daddy work on his motorcycle. His favorite thing to do is watch Norah and laugh at her silliness (chasing and biting at bugs, running away while we chased her, and throwing sticks around as she played with herself). Then, as we were about to go inside, I wanted to make sure we got any un-welcomed friends (read: bugs) off the blanket. As I shook the blanket, Connor giggled and giggled. He makes my heart happy.

Sometimes, it's just about the little things in life. Thank you, son, for teaching Mommy these things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment