Monday, June 25, 2012

Walking and busted lips

My sweet BABY boy is 11 months old today!! It really is strange to think that in 4.5 short weeks, my baby will no longer be just that - a baby. Nope, this sweet, blonde hair, blue eyed, all smiles little person will be a TODDLER! And I must say, I am really looking forward to this new year to come. He is at such a fun age. He's learning so many new things....like walking.

Yes, my son is walking. He took his first steps over Easter; but, he also learned how to crawl over Easter and decided that was the most efficient mode of transportation around the house and quickly forgot what it meant to move while standing on his two feet.

This past week, I was sitting at the dining room table while Keith was in the living room. Connor was standing next to me and then just took off walking into the living room to see what his daddy was up to. I immediately told Keith to turn around and we were beaming with pride for our little boy.

He loves to walk. It doesn't matter where we are - the grocery store, Keith's soccer games, volleyball games, outside to get the mail, literally anywhere - this baby boy wants to get out of his mommy's arms and walk. This, however, leads to the next thing that has come with walking - falling down.

Yes, most of the time he just shrugs it off and either starts crawling or pushes off something to stand up and try it again. Such a determined and strong willed little boy. However, there have been a couple times that he has some battle wounds. I don't mean scraped knees or torn hands. Nope, I'm talking fat, busted, bloody lips. Yep...my baby boy has busted both his top lip and his bottom lip since figuring out his land legs.

Don't worry though, Mama Liz came to his rescue! Nothing a little lovin' from his favorite woman can't fix. Oh - and some cold ice packs :)


No comments:

Post a Comment