Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Camping

Am I the only one who has to be reminded that it truly is summer? Yes, I know the weather has foretelling for the past couple of months. But, even though it's blazing hot outside by mid-morning, I can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that this year is half over. I blame this on two things: 1) I took a year off from teaching (trust me, you ALWAYS know when summer is here if you're a teacher - it's the highlight of your entire year!) and 2) I've been raising a small baby into an energetic little boy for the past (almost) 12 months. Reason number two is enough reason to forget that months have gone by and it truly is time to bust out the tank tops, chacos, shorts, and bathing suits. And that is exactly what we did last weekend.

My mother-in-law is definitely the glue that holds the Edwards family together. Without her love for family and time spent planning amazing and fun adventures, we wouldn't see each other nearly as often as we do. With that being said, thank you, mother Teresa! (No, really...her name is Teresa...and she's a mom... She also has a heart of gold; so the name fits.)

She planned a weekend camping trip with the family and it was a lot of fun! It was Connor's first camping trip and he was a champ! We rented a pontoon boat, found cliffs to jump off (Keith's favorite thing to do - not me...I'm a pansy), ate delicious food, and watched fireworks on the dock.

We didn't remember to take a variety of pictures, but I will share with you a few that we did manage to take.


 Morning! (Literally when the sun came up, so did Connor)


Napping with Aunt Darcy


Sweet boy


Yes, he climbed this from the water. 


Splashing in the lake with Papa Edwards


More climbing


Captain Keith and his first mate


Check out this video of Keith doing a back layout off the cliffs. Makes me super proud! I'm always impressed by his many talents. Keep your eyes peeled in the London 2012 Olympic diving competition.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment