Thursday, November 18, 2010

Craziness

Okay...so it's been a while since I've last posted. Mainly because things are absolutely crazy in the life of the Edwards. Let's see...last weekend I was out of town. I had to take a Praxis test. The Praxis is a test that prospective or current teachers take in order to get certified to teach a certain subject. Well, to be honest, I'm a little upset I even had to take this test. Before I graduated college I was told that a degree in PE would be sufficient if I wanted to also teach health. Low and behold, when I actually started teaching health this year (5 years after graduated), I am told that I MUST be certified. So, I packed up my overnight bag, review materials, two sharpened number 2 pencils and drove to Johnson City to take the dreaded test. I won't get my scores for another four weeks. As far as how I feel I did...I either passed it with flying colors or I completely failed it. Either way, I don't really care. The good part of going to Johnson City was seeing my best friend, Hilary! We had lots of fun hanging out, shopping, and just talking about...well, girl stuff. After my test Saturday morning, I drove to Knoxville for the night. My friend, and former co-worker, is pregnant!! She was having a baby shower. She is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to meet the little guy in December!

More things to add to the craziness: we are still trying to finish up the house before Thanksgiving. We have done a lot already to the house. However, every time we turn around it seems as though something new is staring us in the face. Our new dining room furniture came in last week and we set it up. It's starting to look like a home! I'll post pictures later of all the progress we've made.

Items to add to the "to do list":
1. Stain railings and stairs
2. paint spare bedroom closet (I always forget to paint the inside of the closet...)
3. hang curtains
4. get all rooms in order
5. clean the house from top to bottom
6. grocery shop for Thanksgiving

Speaking of shopping, my favorite day of the year to shop is coming up...BLACK FRIDAY!! I know, I know...I'm crazy for loving that day to shop. Mainly it is because I usually don't have anything major I need in order to get up at 2:00 in the morning to stand in line. I enjoy all the great deals and people watching is always amusing and brings laughter to my day. I love Christmas shopping in general. My philosophy and Keith's philosophy on gift giving is quite opposite to say the least. For instance, if Keith gives me a list of items he would like for Christmas, he knows that I will try to get him everything he wants plus some added items I may find along my way. If I were to give Keith my wish list, he will ask me to pick one or two items I really want and that is all he will get me. So, this year we have decided to not buy for each other at all (minus stocking stuffers). And, we're setting a budget for how much I can spend on family. Probably for the best though since I love to buy things for other people to the point where I spend way more than I need to.

Well, time to get busy with the house. I will be so glad when it is finished! I'll post pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment