Friday, October 28, 2011

Crazy Cloth World

I have decided to go full steam ahead into the cloth diaper world. I was honestly a bit hesitant at first - you know, venturing into the unknown. So, with some great advice from my friend Suzanne and lots of determination, I have fell jumped in head first into this crazy cloth world. I'm the type of person where I am either all in or not at all. I just can't make myself halfway do something. So, I bought some new diapers and made some of my very own wipe solution (all because I ran out of wipes one day before I could run to the store - oops!). I have also decided to use cloth wipes (made from baby washcloths or cut burp cloths). It is so much easier to use cloth wipes than it is disposable ones. The reason is because when I'm out and about with the little guy and I have to change him, it is much easier to roll up the wipe into the diaper than to look around for a trash can to throw away disposable wipes. I have also decided that since I'll be cloth diapering during the day, it only makes sense to cloth diaper at night. I may eat my words once I begin this new adventure and he wakes up in the middle of the night to be changed. Yikes! He's been sleeping through the night since he was 2 months old so I'm not sure I want to change that...Mama Liz likes her sleep!

Well, here is the recipe for the wipe solution. You can even use this one cut paper towels if you would like. It's super easy to make.

You will need:
1/2 c baby oil
1/2 c baby wash
2 c water
a container to put it in (I utilized the spray bottle they gave me at the hospital)




This makes a fair amount (way more than my little bottle would hold). So, if you have a smaller container then just adjustment the measurements accordingly. First put the water in, second the oil, and third the wash. Give her a good shake and voila! Congratulations, you now made your very own baby wipe solution for much less than you would have paid for wipes at the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment