Thursday, October 27, 2011

Crocheting

I love working on my craftiness (what little I have). I already posted about a beanie I crocheted for Connor. Well, I made another one (it fits much better). Here's an adorable pic:


See, I told you it was adorable. I know what you must be thinking: "wow! She must have been crocheting for years!" Not true. I actually learned the basic single crochet during my freshman year of college. The girls in my hallway in my dorm would sit out in the hall at least twice a week and crochet together. My roommate and I joined them a few times. So, I owe my basic beginner skills to the girls of Lucy!

The only thing I've ever made (before now) was a scarf (that turned out terrible and I never wore) and a pot holder (which I still use). I should also add that I haven't made anything since then (so for about 9 years). I was very intimidated to make anything else. I mean, straight lines seemed hard enough without making them look like a 2 year old did it - making a circle seemed impossible for me. One of my friends suggested I check out Art of Teresa on Youtube. I finally did and this is the final product of my hard work :) It definitely took a few tries (and lots of undoing the rows) and playing with the stitches to get the right size for this little stud. I'm pretty proud of it, though. It also says a lot when my husband asked me to make him one. And no, he wasn't just being nice. Most of the women in his family are very crafty (somewhat intimidating for me at times) so for him to compliment my hard work meant the world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment