Friday, October 28, 2011

Dooley Pants

Ever since Derek Dooley began sporting his awesome orange pants I just knew I needed to get some for Connor. I searched for some that would work and not just look like every day baby sweat pants. To no avail, I was unsuccessful in my pursuit. (It's pure craziness that North Carolina doesn't sell UT paraphernalia.) I decided that I would make him some! Yep - I said MAKE! I found an amazing online tutorial that was perfect! It was especially great for sewers like me (you know...people who don't really sew but wish they could. Yeah...that's me).

Here is what I started with:


Well, I also had the obviously (sewing machine, thread, scissors, etc). After cutting the pattern this is what I had to work with:


What?! THAT is going to make pants? I was beginning to think the tutorial I found was defective. However, I continued to follow the directions and this was the final product:


VOILA!! And here is my sweet guy sporting his new look:


I think Dooley may have some competition!

*side note* - the pants are a bit big (what's up MC Hammer pants!?) but I made them that way on accidental-purpose. That way he can wear them with his cloth diaper (that makes him have a J-Lo booty) and he'll be able to wear them for a couple months as he grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment