Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Connor!


This time last year, I was in labor and about to meet this little person who had been occupying my abdomen for the last 40 weeks. Keith and I were anxious, excited, nervous, and a bit scared. At 5:25pm, our precious baby boy made his entrance into the world and our hearts. 

The new Daddy, Mommy and cone head baby boy



The old saying is completely true, "some days seem to never end, but the years fly by." I like to equate the first year with a new child to the first year of marriage. It's challenging, rewarding, everybody is learning new things about how to relate to one another, etc, etc. This past year has encompassed all of these. It has been one of the toughest years of my life, but also the most rewarding. We definitely could not have survived without lots of prayer, guidance and wisdom from the Lord, encouraging and helpful family members and friends, and lots of prayer (Oh, did I already mention that?). 

We don't have much planned for his birthday today. However, we did manage to spend the entire morning at the doctor's office. Poor little guy has a stye :( However, he is still full of smiles, laughs and energy! I am excited about his party this weekend. We have family and a few friends coming to help us celebrate the first year we have survived as parents of our sweet little guy.

It has been so neat watching my baby grow into a little boy. He is so much fun! I look forward to this new adventure of raising a toddler. 


3 weeks old (photo by Visio Photography)



1 year old (photo by Katy Cook Photography)





No comments:

Post a Comment